Thursday, December 5, 2013

Grandma's Turkey Stuffing

Sure, Christmas is great. So is Valentine's Day. But the holiday that truly wins my heart is Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is the holiday that marks the start of the holiday season, and of course, the holiday food!

Of all the dishes I grew up with during the holiday season, my favorite has always been my grandmother's turkey stuffing. There is nothing like it. I could literally eat it on its own and be completely content with or without the turkey on the table.

Like most of my family's recipes, the recipe is simple, but the taste is definitely not!

So, without further ado, here's the coveted recipe. My suggestion is to double it the recipe. Trust me, you'll be glad you did!

1 - 6 oz can of black olives
1 - 6 oz can of green olives
1 - 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1/2 pound of ground beef
1/2 pound of ground pork
1 large potato
1 large onion
2 – 6 oz bags of stuffing mix
6 hard boiled eggs
1 envelope of Sazon Goya
Goya Adobo to taste

Place the ground beef and pork in a pot on low heat to start cooking. Chop the olives, onions, eggs and insides of the turkey into small pieces. Cut the potato into small cubes. Mix all the ingredients in a pot except for the stuffing mix. Cook mixture over low heat until the meat is cooked. When some of the juices have been released, mix in the stuffing mix until it is all moistened. You are now ready to stuff the turkey. If you do not use this mixture to stuff the turkey, place the stuffing in an oven-safe dish and cook until the potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment